Factors to Consider Before Buying a Lawn Edger
– Durable blades. Look for blades that are made of steel and are rugged enough that they will not need sharpening for long periods of time.
– Electric, gas or manual? Manual lawn edgers are often lighter and give you more freedom of movement and a greater range of use but come at the price of more labor exertion. Gas and electric lawn edgers do the work automatically but can run out of gas or become unplugged and are generally a bit more expensive than manual ones.
Benefits of Purchasing a Lawn Edger
– Sharp lines. A lawn edger is perfect for creating that perfectly separated look between the end of your sidewalk or driveway and the start of your lawn. Using a lawn edger against these types of materials ensures that you aren’t accidentally hitting your lawn mower’s blades on the damaging material, hurting your mower or even causing personal injury. Lawn edgers are the most effective way at cleaning up tall grass and other materials that are hanging over your driveway.
– Trenching. If you are interested in digging small trenches in order to install outdoor lighting to your walkway or driveway, a lawn edger can typically do that. They can dig small trenches that are the perfect size for installing such items without having to get down on your hands and knees with a gardening shovel. The shovel method can also cause leveling discrepancies that might make installing lights a difficult task.
– Long lasting, powerful and efficient. Lawn edgers can handle any sort of job from thick growths to thin blades of grass, and they can do so for long periods of time.
Tips on How to Buy the Right Lawn Edger for Your Needs
– Choose a lawn edger with a powerful motor to ensure that you are getting enough power to cut through any sort of botanical materials your landscaping challenge might present.
– Decide if you want a lawn edger that can transform into a landscape trencher. You can figure this out by looking at online resources such as Del.icio.us.com.
– Read online reviews such as the detailed ones below to see how your prospective lawn edger is when